When the Lord calls one to His service, one can be sure that there will be challenges and obstacles that will test their faith. There are times that one will feel like quitting or even question the purpose of their mission.
Few, if any, though ever quit because they realize that they are living their destiny. Although they cannot always understand why the calling is laced with so much turmoil they know that they are not alone and understand that they have the Lord’s covering. Scriptures shows of so many of the Lord’s servants who reached a point in their ministry that they felt they could not bear it anymore.
Many even questioned the purpose or value of their mission. Isaiah writes of the dilemma of the servant of the Lord caught up in doubt, “ I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain” Isaiah 49: 4. Yet this servant acknowledges that his worth and value lies with the Lord. He says, “Yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, and my work with my God” Isaiah 49: 4.
Moses also became weary of serving the Lord after constantly being chided by those he was leading. He asked the Lord, “ Why have you afflicted your servant? And why have I not found favor in your sight, that you have laid the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them that you should say to me, ’carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which you swore to their fathers? Numbers 11: 11-13. Clearly Moses was exhausted and was finding it hard to fulfill his mission. This can happen to any servant of the Lord when you start looking at yourself and your ability than on the Lord.
Jeremiah too cried out to the Lord due to the pain he suffered as a result of his ministry. He said “ O Lord, you induced me and I was persuaded ; You are stronger than I, and have prevailed. I am in derision daily; Everyone mocks me. For when I spoke , I cried out: I shouted , “violence and plunder !” Because the word of the Lords was made to me a reproach and a derision daily” Jeremiah 20: 7-8. In fact at one point Jeremiah wishes he was never born and says, “cursed be the day in which I was born!---why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow, that my day should be consumed with shame?” Jeremiah 20: 14,18.
None of these servants quit because the hand of God was on them and they had a conviction of their calling and knew they could not get away from it. In the case of Jeremiah he says, “ Then I said, I will not mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name. But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not” Jeremiah 20: 9.
The Lord knows our limit and will not allow us to be tested beyond what we can endure. He always gives His servants a way out of the immediate suffering. In so doing He also assures them of His presence and defense. To the servant that Isaiah talks about he says, “ --- it is too small a thing that you should be My servant--- in an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you” Isaiah 49: 5,6,8.
Read more: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/431147_the-challenges-and-assurance-of-serving-the-lord#ixzz1JNDeg2RN
Few, if any, though ever quit because they realize that they are living their destiny. Although they cannot always understand why the calling is laced with so much turmoil they know that they are not alone and understand that they have the Lord’s covering. Scriptures shows of so many of the Lord’s servants who reached a point in their ministry that they felt they could not bear it anymore.
Many even questioned the purpose or value of their mission. Isaiah writes of the dilemma of the servant of the Lord caught up in doubt, “ I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain” Isaiah 49: 4. Yet this servant acknowledges that his worth and value lies with the Lord. He says, “Yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, and my work with my God” Isaiah 49: 4.
Moses also became weary of serving the Lord after constantly being chided by those he was leading. He asked the Lord, “ Why have you afflicted your servant? And why have I not found favor in your sight, that you have laid the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them that you should say to me, ’carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which you swore to their fathers? Numbers 11: 11-13. Clearly Moses was exhausted and was finding it hard to fulfill his mission. This can happen to any servant of the Lord when you start looking at yourself and your ability than on the Lord.
Jeremiah too cried out to the Lord due to the pain he suffered as a result of his ministry. He said “ O Lord, you induced me and I was persuaded ; You are stronger than I, and have prevailed. I am in derision daily; Everyone mocks me. For when I spoke , I cried out: I shouted , “violence and plunder !” Because the word of the Lords was made to me a reproach and a derision daily” Jeremiah 20: 7-8. In fact at one point Jeremiah wishes he was never born and says, “cursed be the day in which I was born!---why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow, that my day should be consumed with shame?” Jeremiah 20: 14,18.
None of these servants quit because the hand of God was on them and they had a conviction of their calling and knew they could not get away from it. In the case of Jeremiah he says, “ Then I said, I will not mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name. But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not” Jeremiah 20: 9.
The Lord knows our limit and will not allow us to be tested beyond what we can endure. He always gives His servants a way out of the immediate suffering. In so doing He also assures them of His presence and defense. To the servant that Isaiah talks about he says, “ --- it is too small a thing that you should be My servant--- in an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you” Isaiah 49: 5,6,8.
Read more: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/431147_the-challenges-and-assurance-of-serving-the-lord#ixzz1JNDeg2RN
No comments:
Post a Comment