To be saved, you must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31).
However, that's not all. Sacred Scripture clearly shows other things you must also do to be saved:
• You must endure to the end. Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, Mark 13:13.
• You must accept the Cross (suffering). Matthew 10:38, Matthew 16:24-25, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:27.
• You must be baptized with water. Mark 16:16, Titus 3:5, I Peter 3:20-21.
• You must be a member in God's true church. Acts 2:47.
• You must confess your sins. James 5:16, I John 1:9.
• You must keep the Commandments of God. Matthew 5:19-20, Matthew 7:21.
• You must heed the words of St. Peter, the first Pope. Acts 11:13-14, Acts 15:7.
• You must eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus Christ. John 6:51-58, I Corinthians 10:16, I Corinthians 11:23-29.
• Our justification comes from the grace of God. Grace is favor, the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to His call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and of eternal life. CCC 1996, John 1:12-18, John 17:3, Romans 8:14-17, 2 Peter 1:3-4.
The only Church that meets all the requirements of Salvation is the Holy Catholic Church.
Mr Gormey, I don't know whether you read my article because if you did the scriptures you have quoted would be irrelevant. 2ndly isn't rather arrogrant for you to suggest that one denomination has attatined salvation more than the other? And for that matter the catholic church which does not even teach or follow scripture? I do not allow myself to engage in denomination arguements since Christ did not establish a denomination but a church through the apostle. No where did He teach us to pray through Mary or through the apostles and yet you Catholics do. He said He is the wya, the truth and the light and no one goe to the Father except through Him and yet you people pray through dead apostles. You elevate men to the status of God when all of us have been called to be servants. Salvation is a personal matter and and eventually we all as individuals will have to answer to the master. I pray that you will be amongst those counted worthy of the kingdom. Your religion or denomination will take nowhere. Peace my brother.
2 comments:
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO BE SAVED
To be saved, you must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31).
However, that's not all. Sacred Scripture clearly shows other things you must also do to be saved:
• You must endure to the end. Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, Mark 13:13.
• You must accept the Cross (suffering). Matthew 10:38, Matthew 16:24-25, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:27.
• You must be baptized with water. Mark 16:16, Titus 3:5, I Peter 3:20-21.
• You must be a member in God's true church. Acts 2:47.
• You must confess your sins. James 5:16, I John 1:9.
• You must keep the Commandments of God. Matthew 5:19-20, Matthew 7:21.
• You must heed the words of St. Peter, the first Pope. Acts 11:13-14, Acts 15:7.
• You must eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus Christ. John 6:51-58, I Corinthians 10:16, I Corinthians 11:23-29.
• Our justification comes from the grace of God. Grace is favor, the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to His call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and of eternal life. CCC 1996, John 1:12-18, John 17:3, Romans 8:14-17, 2 Peter 1:3-4.
The only Church that meets all the requirements of Salvation is the Holy Catholic Church.
Mr Gormey, I don't know whether you read my article because if you did the scriptures you have quoted would be irrelevant. 2ndly isn't rather arrogrant for you to suggest that one denomination has attatined salvation more than the other? And for that matter the catholic church which does not even teach or follow scripture? I do not allow myself to engage in denomination arguements since Christ did not establish a denomination but a church through the apostle. No where did He teach us to pray through Mary or through the apostles and yet you Catholics do. He said He is the wya, the truth and the light and no one goe to the Father except through Him and yet you people pray through dead apostles. You elevate men to the status of God when all of us have been called to be servants. Salvation is a personal matter and and eventually we all as individuals will have to answer to the master. I pray that you will be amongst those counted worthy of the kingdom. Your religion or denomination will take nowhere. Peace my brother.
Post a Comment